Family Options NASC
Family Options NASC is a regional Needs Assessment & Service Coordination (NASC) service that is responsible for the co-ordination of supports for children with short term health related needs or children with long term, chronic health conditions. Children aged 0 - 16 years within Auckland, Counties Manukau, Northland and Waitematā Districts are eligible for services via Family Options NASC.
Family Options NASC aims to enhance and optimise the care of the children and their families/whānau in their community by participating in and supporting an integrated model of community paediatric care.
If a child's needs are as a result of a disability they should be referred to their local Disability Support Services (DSS) NASC.
If a child's needs are as a result of an accident they should be referred to ACC.
Referrals can be made to the Family Options Needs Assessment & Service Coordination (NASC) service via the following:
- email: email@example.com - if e-Referral is not available (a Referral Form must be completed)
Eligibility for Short Term Supports (Homebased Respite Care):
Supports required for less than 6 months in circumstances where Carer Support does not provide sufficient support.
Common Conditions / Procedures / Treatments
The Family Options NASC service aims to enhance and optimise the care of children with short term health related needs or with long term, chronic health conditions, and provide support to their families/whānau in their community.
The underlying philosophies are:
- to provide family/whānau centred care with a partnership approach
- to provide culturally appropriate care
- to work in an interdisciplinary team
- to support community based care
- to integrate all services provided in the community by supporting a case management model
- to promote respect and cooperation, valuing the opinions of all those involved in the care of children with short term health related needs or children with long term, chronic health condiitons.