Patient Identification wristbands are important because:
- They confirm your child's name and details, even if we know
your child really well.
- They let us check that the right patient is getting the right
The wristband will be printed by your nurse or other member of
ward staff before or during admission. It contains the following
details about your child:
- LAST NAME (in capitals)
- First name
- Date of birth
- Hospital number
- Age and gender
- Address and telephone number
- Your child's family doctor
- Your child's medical team
You can help us by making sure:
- Your child should have an identity wristband within
half an hour of being admitted to the ward. Please tell us if this
does not happen.
- The details on the wristband should be correct. If they aren't,
please tell us
- During your stay, please check your child's wristband every
day. If the band is too loose or too tight or the wristband comes
undone, please tell us.
- If your child's wristband is removed before an operation or
test and needs to be replaced, please tell us.
Please do not remove your child's identity wristband at any time
during your stay. It is waterproof so completely safe in the shower